NEWS

Data shows Katsina as the highest recipient of Conditional Cash Transfer Programme

Data has shown that Katsina state is the highest recipient of the Federal Government’s Conditional Cash Transfer Programme, showing a total of 133,227 beneficiaries.

This was carried out by an infographic published by the International Centre for Investigative Reporting on states captured in the CCT scheme and their respective number of beneficiaries as of April 9, 2020.

The research also showed that Lagos, Delta and Borno states had zero beneficiaries.

Data from the infographic also showed that Katsina had the highest number of beneficiaries, followed by Zamfara and Jigawa.

The infographic, which was created on April 11, 2020, stated its source as the National Cash Transfer Office; and revealed that 1,126,211 households were currently benefiting from the CCT programme.

Katsina

Zamfara, Jigawa, Kano, Plateau, Kebbi, Kogi, and Benue states had 130,764; 99,044; 84,148; 78,430; 76,026; 62,129; and 58,943 beneficiaries respectively.

Nasarawa, Kaduna, Kwara, Gombe, Akwa Ibom, Yobe, and Bauchi states had 48,687; 35,384; 32,218; 26,532; 24,929; 24,814; and 23,305 beneficiaries respectively.

The number of beneficiaries in the Federal Capital Territory, Niger, Taraba, Adamawa; Osun, Oyo, and Cross River states were 20,129; 19,898; 17,803; 16,988; 15,572; 13,811; and 11,998 respectively.

For Edo, Bayelsa, Rivers, Abia, Anambra; and Imo states, the number of beneficiaries were 11,368; 9,805; 9,596; 9,347; 8,105; and 7,220 respectively.

Katsina

1st News reported that the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar, says urban poor dwellers; with an account balance of N5,000 or less are the major beneficiaries of the Federal Government Conditional Cash Transfer scheme.

The minister made this known when she fielded questions from State House correspondents in Abuja on Tuesday.

She stated that the prospective urban poor beneficiaries would be part of the additional one million households; approved by President Muhammadu Buhari to boost the nation’s social register.

President Buhari had on Monday in a broadcast; directed that the current social register be expanded from 2.6 million households to 3.6 million households; in the next two weeks. The president said that the expansion of the social register was part of the palliative measures; to address the hardship being experienced by the poor and vulnerable members of the society; as a result of the extension of the lockdown order.

The minister, who had earlier updated the president on the activities of her ministry; revealed that those saddled with the responsibility of carrying out the president’s directive on expansion of the social register; would focus more on the urban poor.

Tags

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
Close