NEWS

COVID-19: Lagos discharges 16 patients

The Lagos State government has discharged 16 additional COVID-19 patients from isolation centres in the state.

This was disclosed by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on his verified handle on micro-blogging site, Twitter on Wednesday.

‘‘Good people of Lagos, I have more great news from our isolation facilities. 16 persons; 14 males and 2 females including 3 foreigners; 1 British, 1 Chinese and 1 Polish citizen have been discharged to join the society. They were discharged after each tested negative twice to the virus,’’ he disclosed.

The development brings the number of patients successfully managed and discharged from facilities in the state to 85.

Fourteen of the patients were discharged from the Infectious Disease Hospital in Yaba; while the remaining two were from the Onikan Isolation Centre.

Additionally, Sanwo-Olu has further reiterated the commitment of the government to break the chain of transmission of COVID-19; even as he solicited the cooperation of Lagosians.

‘‘As our front line health workers record successes in the battle against #COVID-19; we are duty bound as citizens to break the chain of transmission of the infection by staying safe at home; practicing social distancing and adopting the highest possible personal hygiene.

‘‘We will continue to do our best as Government to cushion the effect of this lockdown by re-energizing our welfare package. Please keep faith with us as we work to win this battle together. Thank you for your continued perseverance and patience.’’

Meanwhile, Kaduna State has also discharged one COVID-19 patient from the Infectious Disease Centre in the state.

Specifically, the state Commissioner for Health, Dr Amina Baloni, who confirmed this in a statement on Wednesday; said the patient had fully recovered after treatment at the isolation centre. Further, she said that two consecutive tests conducted on the patient came out negative on Tuesday, 14 April 2020.

Also, the FCT has discharged nine people who previously tested positive for the COVID-19.

Mohammad Bello, the FCT Minister, announced this on Wednesday, while giving updates on the virus in Abuja. Equally important, Bello stated that the patients were returned to their homes having tested negative for COVID-19.

Tags

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
Close