NEWS

Coronavirus: Lagos Govt discharges two patients

The Lagos state government says an additional two female patients who had Coronavirus disease have been discharged.

Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu said in a statement that the patients were discharged on Monday, April 6; after they tested negative for two consecutive times.

”I have more great news for you from our Infectious Disease Hospital. Today, an additional two female patients have recovered fully, having tested negative twice consecutively. They have been discharged from the facility.

”With the newly discharged patients; we now have a total of 31 people that have fully recovered from coronavirus in Lagos and discharged to join the community.

”We are full of appreciation to the frontline health workers, working hard during this difficult time. Their successful strides in this war against coronavirus bring us joy and hope,” Sanwo-Olu said.

The COVID-19 Incident Commander enjoined citizens to continue to listen and obey health advisories issued by the health experts as they coordinate resources to beat COVID-19.

”I have no doubt whatsoever that we have the upper hand in this war. We are winning and we will eventually win,” he said.

Meanwhile, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning; says President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the engagement of 774, 000 Nigerians on Special Public Works programme in the country; to cushion the effect of COVID-19 pandemic.

Ahmed disclosed this at a press conference on fiscal stimulus measures; in response to COVID-19 pandemic and oil prices fiscal shock, on Monday, April 6, in Abuja.

She explained that 1, 000 people were expected to be recruited from each of the 774 local government areas in the country.

According to her, the sum of N60 billion for allowances and operational cost has been earmarked from the COVID-19 crisis intervention fund for the initiative.

She disclosed that President Buhari had previously approved a pilot special public works programme in eight states. This is to be implemented by the National Directorate of Employment (NDE).

She added that Buhari had now approved that this programme is extended to all 36 States and the FCT from October to December 2020; the selected time-frame was to ensure that it was implemented after the planting season.

Tags

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
Close